Sears Carpet Cleaning Service Review
Sears carpet cleaning service is offered through Sears Home Services. The retailer has been known for their product lines and have used that reputation to launch their “healthier home” services, which include Sears Carpet Cleaning, among others.
Sears Company Information
Sears Holdings Corporation is one of the nation’s largest retailers because of their interest in names like Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and of course in recent years, their acquisition of Kmart.
When it comes to Sears Home Services, they make more than 12 million service calls annually, so you have to keep this in mind when reading customer reviews. They have a history that dates back to 1886, making them a well-established company and a household name in many circles.
There were, however, some consumer reviews that weren’t that glowing for their carpet cleaning services.
Sears Carpet Cleaning Services Overview
Products and Services Offered:
Sears offers tile and grout cleaning, upholstery cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, and air duct cleaning in addition to carpet cleaning at special pricing to meet or beat their local competitors.
For carpet cleaning, they feature a “Two-Step” deep cleaning service where they use pressurized hot water and advanced cleaning agents and a pH-balanced rinse, along with powerful suction, to suck up the water and debris.
Through this process, the pad and sub-floor should stay dry, according to their website. Within 12 to 24 hours, your carpet will be dry and there is no residue left behind.
Carpet Protector is a product that is used by Sears Carpet Cleaning and the sole purpose is to keep your carpet fibers from absorbing the debris and liquids that can cause permanent staining, much like the manufacturer’s original protectors.
- Sears Carpet Cleaning will often offer price specials that beat the leading national franchise carpet cleaners. In fact, you can almost always be assured that their pricing will be lower than leading contenders.
- With an established company of national proportions, consumers assume they are getting the best services available, when it comes to Sears carpet cleaning service. Their 100 years in retailing makes them more reputable than some “fly-by-night” carpet cleaning companies.
- Sears will cover most major metropolitan areas and many suburbs will have locations nearby.
- ServiceMagic screening and approval offers endorsements, while Sears Carpet Cleaner Services offers a 5 million dollar general liability insurance policy, which can be important, should damages occur.
- Like any other operation with a large number of locations, there are reports of friendly and efficient service, timely arrivals, reasonable rates and the ability to do a fantastic job were reported on certain locations.
- Customer reviews regarding service issues at some locations are handled poorly and you can find many of these consumer reviews on the Internet. Rude and impersonal personnel, unresolved problems and poor quality results are reported with some locations.
- There are certain carpets that don’t hold up well to the treatments provided and they can void your carpet warranty, unless you follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- There are consumers that complained that “young, untrained personnel are sent out” and uncaring management are unable to offer satisfaction. These consumers report better results cleaning the carpets on their own, with steam cleaners purchased from the store. These are reported from several locations, but there are many locations that get glowing reports, making service inconsistent.
- If you vacuum frequently, clean up spills promptly and periodically shampoo your carpet, you are likely to get the same results as you can expect from Sears Carpet Cleaning, when it comes to the locations with poor quality and service. In fact, it is possible to maintain your carpet beauty and durability on your own, if you believe some of the consumer complaints of water-logged carpet, obvious carpet cleaner tracks and carpet that smelled and looked worse after the cleaning, than before.
Sears carpet cleaning service has some issues with consistency in quality and service when it comes to locations nationwide.
You may get better results by purchasing your own home steam cleaner in certain parts of the country. For this reason, it is difficult to recommend Sears carpet cleaning services overall even if their pricing is lower than anybody else.