The Best Sellers of 2019
Miele S514 Canister Vacuum Review
For those of you who are wondering if a lower price means a less effective vacuum this review should help to answer that question.
Whilst searching for vacuum cleaners by price you will find that Miele are not the cheapest vacuums, even this model. There is good reason for that though as the features and performance of Miele cleaners can match the price range.
Features of the Miele S514 Vacuum Cleaner
The S514 Miele vacuum is a canister vacuum that comes in a bright red color and is loaded with features.
Some of the more interesting features included in this vacuum are:
- Sealed system to keep dust inside. Instead of opening the whole vacuum to remove the dust bag you simply open a little door. This helps to keep the dust inside the vacuum
- Rotary dial that lets you choose between 6 levels of power
- Rubber bumper guards that protect your furniture should the vacuum accidentally bump into your chairs, table legs or other furniture
- Ergonomic handle to save wear and tear on your wrist when vacuuming.
- Crush proof elastic hose
- Power brush, dusting brush, upholstery nozzle and crevice tool
- Optional HEPA filter
- 7 year motor warranty and 1 year warranty on other parts and labor
In addition to all the fine features of the S514 Miele canister vacuum, this is tested to ensure that these vacuums average 20 years of function when used for residential purposes.
While these tests won’t ensure that every one of these vacuums will run for 20 years, it does mean that most people can expect to get a lot of years of use out of this vacuum.
Reviews from actual users who have purchased the Miele S514 vacuum have been extremely encouraging, with most review sites rating this vacuum at 4 stars or better based on a 5 star system.
These reviewers found the S514 to be an excellent vacuum for picking up dirt, sand, and animal hair.
Here are some of the advantages that users liked about this vacuum.
Advantages Of The Miele S514 Vacuum
- Little door to remove bag. One reviewer stated that removing the bag through a little door allowed for no dust to escape the vacuum.
- Hypo allergenic
- Light weight. Several reviews mentioned that they were surprised at how light weight and easy to maneuver this canister vacuum was.
Of course no vacuum is perfect and the Miele S514 is no exception. However, what was somewhat surprising was that users had no complaints about what the vacuum had or how it performed rather their disadvantages referred to what they wished the manufacturers had included in the vacuum to start with.
There were two things that almost all users wished were included with their S 514 and saw their absence as a disadvantage.
Disadvantages Of The Miele S514 Vacuum
- No bare floor tool
- HEPA filter was not standard