The Best Sellers of 2020
Miele Aquarius Canister Vacuum Cleaner Review
For canister style vacuum cleaners the Miele S5580 Aquarius is a highly-considered option.
This Miele vacuum cleaner from the S-series is one of the top of the line cleaners on the market, but with a price tag ranging from $900-$999 it is a little less expensive than some of the other vacuums in the S-series.
This particular canister vacuum cleaner does boast many unique features that make it a very good buy.
The reason for this review is to help you become better acquainted with the facts about the Miele Aquarius S5580. We will look at the many features, ratings and performance factors to determine if this is a product that really does deliver on its promises.
Features Of The Miele Aquarius S5580
The Miele S5 Model S5580 Aquarius canisiter vacuum cleaner is a precision engineered vacuum that specializes in difficult cleaning challenges. With a HEPA filter system, lightweight design, and a multitude of special features to offer, the Miele Aquarius lives up to the many claims about its efficiency and cleaning prowess. Here’s what the machine features:
- HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter
- Generally Activated Charcoal is in the filter to absorb odors. This unique filter meets the European standards for filter activity and is able to trap 99.99% of all dust, debris and other environmental pollutants as small as .3 of a micron.
- Automatic Power System with 6 power settings. These range from minimum motor strength for curtains and drapes, to maximum motor strength capable of handling the cleaning of bare
- The Miele S5580 Aquarius is even able to sense the suction power that the job requires and will adjust accordingly
- Parquet Floor Brush
- Electric Hose
- Telescoping Wand for easy cleaning
- Deluxe Handle
- Dust Brush
- Upholstery Nozzle
- Crevice Tool
- 2 IntensiveClean Plus dust bags with sealing flaps
- Indicator lights for dust bag changes and filter changes
- Super quiet operation
- Auto shutdown switch to prevent overheating
With this laundry list of positive features it seems clear that the Miele Aquarius canister vacuum was designed to tackle a number of household cleaning chores. The key fact is whether these features and attachments can perform solidly in a variety of environments. Does this vacuum cleaner live up to its billing?
If you review the customer ratings on various sites you will soon notice that the Miele Aquarius has made believers out of a number of individuals.
It generates 4-5 stars which places it in a very positive light. Most people seem to feel that this small home appliance is well deserving of some high praise for power, convenience, and cleaning performance.
Pros And Cons Of The Miele Aquarius
- The HEPA filter and patented dust bags collect and trap dust and dirt that you do not notice when you look at your floors or carpet.
- The dustbags are lined with a special material to prevent punctures and leaks
- Strong suction affords better cleaning power on command
- Multiple surface cleaning ability
- Auto suction shifts the cleaning mode to suit each surface
- Cleaning radius extends nearly 30 feet in all directions
- No noisy operation
- Foot controls lets you change speeds without bending or stooping
- The price is often pointed out as being “off-putting” to a number of otherwise interested consumers.
- The hose on the Miele Aquarius S5580 has been reported as “difficult to swivel” in some circumstances.
- Crevice and upholstery tools are a bit shorter than the same attachments offered by competing companies.
- The canister is sleek and modern but is prone to being easily scratched.
- The brushes can be a bit difficult to attach and require a little finesse.