The Best Sellers of 2022
Karcher Steam Cleaner Reviews
When Alfred Karcher stated his own company 75 years ago it was to develop and manufacture heating systems, little did he know that his company would one day change its focus and become a leader in the development and production of cleaning supplies.
In 1920 when his company received a contract from the United States to service and repair steam cleaners, Karcher saw ways to improve the systems that were on the market. This led to the development of the first European hot water high pressure cleaner in 1950.
After Karcher’s death in 1959 his wife took over the company and in a courageous move changed the focus of the company from heating systems to cleaning products. The rest, as they say was history.
Today, Karcher is one of the highest regarded international names in steam cleaners. Here we take a look at two Karcher steam cleaner models: the Karcher SC1122 and the Karcher SC1402.
Features of the SC1122 Karcher Steam Cleaner
- 1400 watt heater
- Short heating up time
- A lot of accessories including: window squeegee, detail nozzle, 2 extension poles, floor and hand tools
- Tools and terry cover
- Sturdy design
The Karcher SC1122 has a 4 out 5 star rating in reviews. Consumers who purchased this cleaner seemed to like the way it cleaned and found that it had many advantages as well as a few disadvantages. Here are the features and functions that actual users liked and disliked about the SC1122 Karcher Steam Cleaners.
Advantages of The SC1122 Steam Cleaner
There were many things that reviewers like about the SC1122 Karcher Steam Cleaner. Here are some features and functions they really liked:
- Easy to assemble
- Solidly built
- Cleans a wide variety of surfaces and objects well
- Small enough to store easily
Reviews loved the way this steam cleaner made cleaning so much easier. One reviewer summed up the SC1122 in this manner: “You will find yourself running around the house looking for dirt so you can have fun cleaning it.” Another reviewer pointed out that the SC1122 “paid for itself in no time at all.”
Disadvantages of the SC 1122
Of course, as with any product, there were a few things that consumers felt could be improved. These included:
- No wheels. Reviewers felt if the SC1122 had wheels it would be easier to use
- Safety cap leaked. While users understood the purpose of the safety cap on this Karcher Steam Cleaner they felt it could be a little easier to open once the machine cooled.
- Slow heat up time. Most reviewers felt that heating time when refilling the SC1122 took up too much time. However, they solved this problem by using warm instead of hot tap water to fill the tank.
Features Of The SC1402 Karcher Steam Cleaner
- Reserve tank, which means you won’t have to stop in the middle of a job to refill
- 1800 Watt heater
- 1.6 boiler capacity
- Accessories include: window tool, round bristle nozzle, detail nozzle, 2 extension poles, floor tool, hand tool, and terry cloth cover
- Visible water level
Advantages of the SC1402 Steam Cleaner
The Karcher SC1402 Steam Cleaner has earned review scores of 4 out of 5 stars. Most users liked this steam cleaner and saw many advantages in owning one. These advantages include:
- Cleans extremely well
- Good selection of tools
- Sturdily built
- Priced reasonably
Disadvantages of the SC1402 Steam Cleaner
Ironically, the major complaint for the SC1402 was that it possibly made too much steam. In addition, some users think the machine is too bulky and unwieldy.