The Best Sellers of 2022
Backpack Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
Backpack vacuum cleaners are very popular for commercial users for various reasons.
First, they clean incredibly well in an extremely short amount of time. They are also great for maneuvering in tight places where uprights and canister vacuums have a problem catching on pieces of equipment and furniture.
As an added bonus, employees who use these backpack vacuums say they feel less fatigued than when using traditional pull behind vacuums.
We took a look at the top brands and models to see how they perform and why so many users buy them. Without further ado, here are our backpack vacuum cleaner reviews.
The Pro Team company was the first to design and manufacture the backpack style of vacuums.
They have a sterling reputation for manufacturing high-quality, high-functioning commercial vacuums and all of their backpack types are highly rated.
The Pro QuarterVac is no exception having earned an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. Designed for small to midsized commercial buildings, the Pro-Team Super QuarterVac has several really nice features including:
- Light weight (10 pounds)
- 14 inch wide cleaning path
- HEPA filtration system
- Easy to dispose of bags
- 3 year warranty
Actual users enjoy the convenience and comfort of this backpack vacuum, and even find that once they got used to it they preferred it to upright and floor canister models. Here are just a few of the things they had to say:
Pros Of The Pro QuarterVac
- Easy to use, lightweight, and versatile
- Cleans both carpets and bare floors and makes cleaning stairs a breeze
- Easy to clean over door ways and get spiderwebs from ceiling corners
- Reaches everywhere, leaving the entire area looking and feeling cleaner
- Really shortens the amount of cleaning time. One user stated that it “Gets the job done in half the time.”
- Excellent quality, built to last for years and years
Cons Of The Pro QuarterVac
The only negative comment was it is somewhat loud.
Overall, everyone who purchased the Pro QuaterVac loved it and felt that it was well worth the price at between $350.00 and $400.00 dollars.
Shop-Vac is a company that, like Pro Team, is known for its great commercial vacuums and high-quality products. The Shop-Vac 2850010 Model is in line with the company’s reputation and cleans quickly and efficiently.
People who have purchased Shop-Vacs in the past need to keep in mind that the 2850010 model is for dry pick up only and is not meant to be used as a wet/dry vac.
That being said most users are quite pleased with this vacuum, giving it a rating of 4 out 5 stars.
The Shop-Vac 2850010 model has many fine features, including:
- Lightweight construction
- 5 foot hose for reaching those high places
- 50 foot extension cord
- Disposal dust bag
- 1 year warranty
Pros Of The Shop-Vac 2850010
Actual users found several things they liked about this vacuum including:
- Easy to use
- Cuts cleaning time in half
- Great on hardwood floors
- Cleans windowsills, upholstery, and everything else. As one user put it. “Goodbye to dust cloths, brooms and dustpans!”
Cons Of The Shop-Vac 2850010
Users did find a couple of things about the Shop Vac 2850010 that they felt could be improved. These included:
- Thin straps holding the vacuum onto your back
- Canister seemed to press too tightly against the back
- The small holes where the hose is attached are sharp, and several users commented that this caused cuts on their thumbs.
Overall, most of the people who purchased this model are satisfied and would recommend this product to others. They felt that the $400.00 price was well worth it because the vacuum was built to last and did an excellent job cleaning.
Features of this vacuum include:
- Extremely lightweight (9.2 pounds)
- Padded straps for more comfort
- HEPA filter
- 2 year warranty
Pros Of The Hoover C2401
Actual users loved this lightweight machine and found a lot to like about its performance. Here is what they said:
- Excellent suction
- Great on stairs
- Great for people with back problems
- Adjustable suction was nice. One user commented that this machine “traps every last speck of dust.”
Cons Of The Hoover C2401
The only really negative comment was that some users found that the On/Off switch was somewhat difficult to reach.
Overall, users recommend this vacuum. They feel the value is great for the price point, since this vac is under $300.
The Oreck XL Pro Commercial ModelOreck XL Pro Commercial Backpack Vacuum is the second lowest priced vacuum of the four in this review priced at around $250.00. It has some nice features that are well worth noting.
Lightweight (just 9 pounds when empty making it the lightest vacuum in the group)
auto adjusts to every floor surface
Vacuum bag seals shut when being removed to keep dust from escaping back into the air
30 foot power cord
Overall, the consumers who purchased the XL Pro found it to be an ideal vacuum giving it 4.5 stars out of 5.
Pros Of The Oreck XL
- Cleans quickly
- Easy to reach high places. One user summed it up by stating that he was “able to clean cobwebs from my recessed lighting in my 12 foot ceilings without climbing on a ladder.”
- Great on wood floor
Cons Of The Oreck XL
While overall most people did like their Oreck XL pro there were a couple of negatives that were noted, including:
- The hose is very long and bent, making it difficult to maneuver in tight spaces
- The dust brush and upholstery attachments tend to fall off
Wrapping Up Our Backpack Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
We hope our backpack vacuum cleaner reviews have been helpful for you. Please feel free to drop us a line to let us know how your choice worked out for you!